His Eminence, Sayyed Ali Fadlullah, delivered the two Friday prayer sermons at the Imamain Al-Hassanain Mosque, Ramadan, 19th 1437 H. – June, 24th 2016. Several prominent religious scholars, dignitaries and thousands of believers attended the Jumu’a prayer.
In the first sermon, His Eminence, Sayyed Ali Fadlullah, commemorated the martyrdom anniversary of Imam Ali (a.s.), the Commander of the Faithful, the man who was concerned with doing justice even to his murderer, as it is evident from his last advice to his people, in which he told them not to strike the murderer more than one strike and not to mutilate him.
The Sayyed cited the Imam’s advice in his will to his sons, in which he outlined the morals and general guidelines and instructions of Islam. He says:
“My advice to you is to be conscious of Allah and steadfast in your religion. Do not yearn for the world, and do not be seduced by it. Do not resent anything you have missed in it. Proclaim the truth; work for the next world. Oppose the oppressor and support the oppressed.
- I advise you, and all my children, my relatives, and whosoever receives this message, to be conscious of Allah, to remove your differences, and to strengthen your ties. I heard your grandfather, peace be upon him, say: ‘Reconciliation of your differences is more worthy than all prayers and all fasting’.
- Fear Allah in matters concerning orphans. Attend to their nutrition and do not forget their interests in the middle of yours.
- Fear Allah in your relations with your neighbors. Your Prophet often recommended them to you, so much so that we thought he would give them a share in inheritance.
- Remain attached to the Quran. Nobody should surpass you in being intent on it, or more sincere in implementing it.
- Fear Allah in relation to your prayers. It is the pillar of your religion.
- Fear Allah in relation to His House; do not abandon it as long as you live. If you should do that, you would abandon your dignity.
- Persist in Jihad in the cause of Allah, with your money, your souls, and your tongue.
- Maintain communication and exchange of opinion among yourselves. Beware of disunity and enmity. Do not desist from promoting good deeds and cautioning against bad ones. Should you do that, the worst among you would be your leaders, and you will call upon Allah without response”.
In the second sermon, the Sayyed talked about Lebanon which is about to collapse. He noted that the only institution that is left, the Cabinet, is, according to the Prime Minister himself, failing and incompetent. Even the dialogue forum cannot advance one step forward, despite the critical issue of oil.
The Sayyed concluded that no solution will emerge as long as the political parties are waiting for how would the developments in the region evolve. He added that all the parties are responsible of fortifying the country against the strong winds and storms, which might blow both from the outside and the inside especially that the situation in the region is only heading towards more complications and devastation.
In Bahrain, the Sayyed denounced the act of stripping Sheikh Issa Qassim of his citizenship and called for reconsidering the decision out of concern of national accord and coexistence. He asked those in power to be aware of the devastating repercussions of people feeling wronged and learn from what took place in other countries.